11 Things All Show Dogs Have in Common
When the Best in Show dogs go through the ring, the breeds look as different as they could possibly be. From size and shape, to coat and gait, the 7 groups of dogs could not be more varied, but beyond their looks there are many things they have in common:
- They love what they do. A show dog can’t make it to the top without loving being in the ring. Their eagerness and experience shows as they strut their stuff.
- They are well loved. While some people might dismiss dog shows as a beauty pageant, there is a lot of time, dedication and love that goes into getting a dog into the ring.
- They use great beauty products. Although the dogs' coats range in everything from length to texture, they all have great groomers behind them who know all the right products to use. From detanglers and sprays to shampoos and conditioners, each groomer knows the perfect blend for keeping the dog’s skin and coat looking healthy.
- They get the exercise and mental stimulation they need. While not all show dogs have the same needs, they all have breed specific requirements for what keeps them in tip top shape, mentally and physically.
- They know how to impress a judge. Whether it’s a knowing look or a pep in their step, these pups know how to turn heads.
- They travel well. These well-traveled dogs love their crate and aren’t going to be bouncing off the walls of a car. They’ve been there done that and they aren’t afraid of a road trip.
- They carry a legacy. Years of breeding go into creating a perfect show dog. It’s the perfect meeting of form and function, packed with personality that could take many generations to get just right.
- They work and play hard. Show dogs have a job to do and they do it well, but they also know how to let loose and have fun.
- They know they look good.
- And at the end of the day, they are dogs. After all the dog show fun is done, they go home to the families they love.
(photo credit: nydailynews.com)
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.